PR and Celebrity Officer
|Sector||Marketing & Communications|
|Salary||£30000 - £33500.00 per annum|
Eden Brown is working in partnership with an amazing Health Charity based in West London. They are recruiting for a Celebrity and PR Officer. You will be responsible for raising awareness of their cause through PR and campaigns with a particular emphasis on building and maintaining celebrity support.
- Play an active role in the press office - building relationships with the media, drafting and issuing press releases, proactively pitching stories and campaigns covering all aspects of their work.
- Identify potential case studies, and interview patients, donors and supporters to share their stories with the media.
- Play a key role in supporting their marketing and communications activities and campaigns
- Work closely with departments across the charity, offering guidance, support and advice on matters relating to PR (and celebrity) opportunities.
2. Celebrity liaison - to develop and implement a plan for celebrity, VIP and influencer engagement:
- Work with the PR & Communications Manager to develop an overall strategic approach for celebrity recruitment, engagement and high profile influencers and activity across the charity.
- Establish, maintain and develop strong and effective relationships with any new or existing celebrities/VIPs and their agents, and develop an effective relationship management programme including thanking procedures, feedback on their contribution and regular updates from the charity.
- Manage proactive and reactive press opportunities related to celebrity support, by identifying and pitching stories, 'piggybacking' headlines, drafting press releases, building relationships with relevant media.
- Qualified to degree level or at least 3-5 years experience of working in a similar role either in-house, within an agency or within a PR and communications environment specialising in celebrity engagement.
- Experience of working within a busy press office, proactively seeking opportunities and pitching stories.
- Knowledge and experience of working practices when dealing with celebrities and agents and an excellent understanding of the potential of celebrity support for charities.
- Good awareness of the media environment and journalists' priorities and motivations.
If you feel you meet the criteria then please apply now - email@example.com
Eden Brown is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Eden Brown Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.