Enviromental Health Officer
|Sector||Facilities & operations|
|Salary||Up to £44400.00 per annum|
Principle Environmental Health Officer
You will be working at part of the Joint Inspection Team (JIT). The purpose of the JIT team is to support work to ensure that private residential high-rise buildings with unsafe ACM cladding are made safe. You will work as the Environmental Health Officer, (EHO), reporting to the Principle EHO, and work with Fire Engineers, Building Control staff and colleagues in 'host' boroughs, and will assist and advise using Housing Act 2004 to assess the hazard risk of unsafe cladding in high-rise residential buildings and take enforcement action against building owners who are slow to remediate
- Apply policy and procedures for Housing Act 2004 work of the JIT including identification, and Housing, Health and Safety Rating System (HHSRS) assessments and assisting councils with enforcement action, (where they decide to take it).
- Where necessary assist with drafting schedules of work, notices and orders for enforcement under Housing Act 2004, (where the 'host' local authority decides to take such action). Continuing to assist local authorities to prepare prosecution cases, write witness statements, and attend court hearings as a witness for the prosecution.
- Work with colleagues to keep up-to-date on developments in Environmental Health relating to residential sector tower blocks.
- Provide consistently excellent customer care in service delivery.
- Substantial experience of using HHSRS, taking enforcement action, conducting interviews under caution, preparing warrants, and giving evidence in Court.
- Degree or diploma in Environmental Health
- Detailed knowledge of current and proposed legislation, relevant to residential Environmental Health.
- Excellent organisational skills, with the ability to prioritise work to meet deadlines, and a concern for order and accuracy.
- Excellent verbal and written skills, with the ability to accurately summarise and convey complex information.
- The ability to exercise discretion, judgement and confidentiality.
If you feel you meet the above criteria, then please apply now - firstname.lastname@example.org
Eden Brown is committed to equality in the workplace and is an equal opportunity employer. Eden Brown Ltd is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.